Truecaller is an app. You can track any number and their location with their name. Truecaller always asks a user to use their app as a default dialer. You can use it by a default phone or calling app, after installing it from an app store. I’ll tell you about how to remove Truecaller as the default dialer.
If you want to install it from a third-party app or software, you’ll face the same. Despite this, if you using it as a default dialer you’ll arrange it as an ordinary app later.
- 1 Why Truecaller is important
- 2 How To Remove Truecaller As Default Dialer
- 3 How to make Truecaller as a default calling app
- 4 How to make Truecaller as a default SMS app
- 5 How to set up Truecaller as a default in Windows
Why Truecaller is important
Truecaller was launched in 2009 and made by True Software Scandinavia AB.
When it comes to identifying an unknown number from an unknown address, Truecaller makes it search perfectly. The other features are caller-identification, call-blocking, unlisting your phone number, flash-messaging, call-recording, etc.
It prevents you from spam calls and spam messages from unknown sources.
How To Remove Truecaller As Default Dialer
- You need to go to the setting option on your smartphone.
- search apps and need to enter on apps and notifications option.
- After that, click on the default app option.
- There you’ll find phone app, SMS app, Home apps, etc.
- Click on “Phone app” and select the default dialer that you want. You can remove it by selecting another pre-built app or any third-party app.
How to make Truecaller as a default calling app
- Install and launch the Truecaller app from a smartphone.
- You should tap on the Settings option of the Truecaller app.
- Tap on Caller ID from the list.
- You can see troubleshoot caller IDs.
- Click on “Set Truecller as default dialer”.
- Mainly 3 options will be visible. (Truecaller / any 3rd party caller app, your phone dialer before installing Truecaller and “don’t ask again” )
- Select it as your choice and set it.
How to make Truecaller as a default SMS app
- Launch Truecaller app
- Click on the upper-left button of the home of Truecaller.
- Click on settings and after that, click on Messaging.
- You’ll see “Make Truecaller default SMS app”.
- Set your default SMS.
How to set up Truecaller as a default in Windows
- Click on the search option in your system
- Write “Default Apps” and click on it.
- 3 options can be seen. (“Choose default apps by file type”, “choose default apps by protocol”, “set defaults by app”)
- Click on “choose default apps by protocol”.
- Choose TEL protocol from the list. It’s a click-to-dial protocol for windows users.
- You will see a “choose a default” option on the right side. Click on it
- Tap your Truecaller app for windows Call dialer.
You may also set Truecaller to windows using the control panel
- Go to the search option in windows and write “control panel”.
- Click on it. Click “default programs” after opening it.
- Click “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”.
- Pick TEL and select your default dialer.
Ok, that’s the simple way to remove Truecaller as a default dialer. You may notice that all apps accept permission before installing them. If you don’t have faith in any apps from the beginning, don’t give them permission during installation and it’s better to avoid them.